So…for this episode of Behind the Cut, a bit about each of the stories…
- “Not About Lumberjacks” – As it says in the name, this story is not about lumberjacks!
- “Be a Man” – Sometimes kids grow up faster than they should.
- “Fucking Asshole” – It’s a story about a guy named Fucking Asshole.
- “The Intersection” – Life in a tightly wound world…
- “Vlad Stovepipe” – Yeah, it’s about a vampire snowman!
- “Hardcore” – Tell this guy wrestling’s fake…
- “Another Christmas Eve” – A story about one family’s Christmas Eve tradition.
* * *
Story and narration: Christopher Gronlund
Because “The Hidebehind” was the first episode of Not About Lumberjacks with a male narrator other than me, I chat with Defender Radio’s Michael Howie about what it was like to work together on the story’s production.
It’s a glorious tale of friendship, creativity…and majestic beards!
I was never the punk that Bobby McGarvey or Stevie Saturn were in “Cubicle Punks,” but I do have something in common with them: I have always struggled with certain things that come with a “responsible” job.
The pull between a day job that pays the bills and pursuing one’s dreams is a recurring theme in several of my stories.
I talk about it on this episode of Behind the Cut…