So…for this episode of Behind the Cut, a bit about each of the stories…
- “Not About Lumberjacks” – As it says in the name, this story is not about lumberjacks!
- “Be a Man” – Sometimes kids grow up faster than they should.
- “Fucking Asshole” – It’s a story about a guy named Fucking Asshole.
- “The Intersection” – Life in a tightly wound world…
- “Vlad Stovepipe” – Yeah, it’s about a vampire snowman!
- “Hardcore” – Tell this guy wrestling’s fake…
- “Another Christmas Eve” – A story about one family’s Christmas Eve tradition.
* * *
Story and narration: Christopher Gronlund
A real book inspired “The Art of the Lumberjack.” That book? The Sport of Falconry.
According to the inscription, the book was given to me by my father on January 11, 1975.
This four-and-a-half minute episode is about how a book I’ve had for 41 years led to one of the best short stories I’ve ever written…
When Erik Nilsson has a minor heart attack and is told to take some forced time off of work to recuperate, he finally reads a book left to him by his father much earlier in life. What he finds hidden among the pages changes him forever…
* * *
Story and Narration: Christopher Gronlund
Behold, the art of Finnish log paddling.